Basically, the Raw data is extracted from the sample that you provided. And the result of the ancestry DNA mainly includes the detail information about your genetic estimates and the potential matches of the DNA. With the help of the result of the ancestry DNA, you can get to know about family history. Once you can get the result then you can extract the raw data by downloading the file on your system an even you can also read it easily. Although in this article you will get the solution to the problem that you might face. So let’s move straight forward and look at the method.
How To Download RAW Data From Ancestry DNA
Well, if you are not aware of the process of downloading the raw DNA data. Make sure that the downloaded file is in the format of .txt (text file) and the data contains the information with the lab certified. So, below I share the complete procedure. Now just have a look at the procedure without wasting the single second-
- First of all, you have to sign in to the account of the ancestry. Then on the page of the DNA settings, you need to scroll once you will not get the action section. And click on the download so that you can download the raw DNA data.
- They must ask you to enter the password. Then in that field, you need to enter the correct password and click on the confirm option. Now you will get the email where you will get the link of the verification to download the data.
- After one week, the link of the download will expire and it can be used only once. In case the downloading link gets expired then you have to start with step 1.
- If the open page contains the DNA ad instead of the sign-in page. Then you are on the wrong page or someone’s account. So you need to sign out by clicking on the username which is given on the top-right corner. Then again you need to sign in to your account.
- Now, the file of the raw data will be downloaded on your system. Make sure that the file name will be dna-data-(date).zip.
- Most of the time you are unable to find the folder. So, in that case, you can find by the search option by just clicking on the window key with the help of the keyboard.
- Once, you find the file then you need to open the file by just double click on it.
How To Read Your Ancestry DNA RAW Data
Basically, there are five columns in the raw data so that you can easily read the DNA data. In every line, the file can keep in the touch with the help of nucleotide polymorphism (SNP). So let’s scroll down the page and read about the proper guidance.
- The first column shows the SNP identifier (rsID) where the DNA marker is tested.
- The other second and the third column shows the chromosome (1-22, X, and Y) which is being tested.
- The fourth and the fifth column give you the information about the two nucleotides which is found in the genome at the site.
- There are Five alphabets were A for adenine, C for cytosine, G for guanine, T for thymine, and 0 for missing data.
Here in the column, the letters A, C, G, T are known as the alleles. You can easily observe the pairs of alleles with the help of the SNP. There are two possible alleles where each SNP has the three genotypes. You can see the pairs like the C C, A A, or AC (¨A C¨ is the same as ¨C A¨). Below with the help of the table you can easily get to know how to read the Raw DNA data.
The two complementary strands are known as the ¨forward¨ and ¨reverse¨ You can see the genotype of SNP which is GG that is on the forward strand. On the other hand, you will see C C on the reverse strand. Similarly, GA on the forward strand and the CT on the reverse strand. So in this way you can easily read the data without having any kind of problem.
How To Protect Your Ancestry DNA RAW Data
There are various security through which you can easily protect your raw data. You just need to pay the proper attention and keep certain things in mind. So just read carefully-
- With the help of the bar code, only your sample of the DNA is recognized. And even the staff of the laboratories don’t have the access. So now your data is totally safe.
- The Act of Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act [GINA] makes it illegal for various organizations. Basically, it is for health insurance companies and group health plans. So on the basis of the genetic information, you can easily discriminate against the people.
- In the company, here you can also secure your data by just storing the DNA data in the database of the encrypted just to ensure the access of the restriction.
- Only the two-person have access to your raw data. The first one is the owner of the test and the other one is the manager who made the test by the owner. No other people can view the test and even don’t have the access.
Basically, the raw data of DNA may vary from one site to another. So if you upload your raw data then it may vary from one site to another. In that case, we have various privacy policies so that your data should be safe in every circumstance. Even the copy of your downloaded data should is no longer. We suggest you look at the policy that they are offering to you.
- Sometimes, you want to delete your Raw data. Then, in that case, you will get the option to delete your raw data at any time when you want.
- Without entering the correct password, you cannot see your data. So the secure website uses the SSL (Secure Sockets Layers) encryption.
- A proper statement or the policy which defines the proper steps that are taken to secure your Raw data.
- Here you can also get to know how your data is used. It is only possible with the board of the institutional review to confirm ethical compliance.
Ancestry DNA RAW Not Downloading ?
This is the most common error when you make an effort to download the raw data. If you get the message of the downloading. Then you have to clear your cache and cookies. Even you have to make sure that enough memory space should be available so that you can download the file on your device.
If Didn’t Get Ancestry DNA RAW Data Email
Most of the time, the email will take the time to appear. So it might take 24 hours also. So you must check your email which is connected to the account to the ancestry. Even must check your junk folder if you think that you are on the right account of the email. But still, you will not get the email of the raw data then you can give a call we will solve your error and we wrote detailed guide here to fix this issue
These are the proper guidance through which you can download the raw data and I hope this is enough information. And there is no need to search for the raw DNA data because this article contains each and every single detail that you are searching for. But for those who have any doubt in your mind. Then you can simply let us know by commenting below in the comment section. And we will definitely answer your all queries.