Are you facing any trouble in searching out your family tree? or want to move around your family tree on ancestry account. You will find solutions for all your ancestry account and tree problems here on this platform.
To search a family tree, press on the Trees tab from the top-left side of any page on your ancestry account. And then select and click on a name of the tree. and if you would like to move around your tree, put the mouse pointer in the blank are of your tree, now hold down the mouse key, and move your hand. The tree will move on screen with your hand movements.
- 1 Ancestry Tree Name Menu
- 1.1 Ancestry Pedigree and Family View
- 1.2 Navigation buttons In Ancestry
- 1.3 Print, Share and DNA Discoveries In Ancestry
- 1.4 Search Someone in the Tree In Ancestry
- 1.5 Navigating in pedigree view In Ancestry
- 1.6 Family view navigating In Ancestry
- 1.7 View a profile In Ancestry
- 1.8 See a Specific Person’s Tree In Ancestry
Ancestry Tree Name Menu
Tap on the name of a tree to navigate to the tree overview page, all hints, media gallery, sharing page, tree settings, and a family group sheet. From here you can also tap on other family trees of people.
- Tree overview: – It shows all recent update history of the tree and tree facts such as stories, number of people, and photos as well.
- Media gallery: – In the gallery page, it displays all the media files available in the tree. You can add filters in media such as by type- stories, photos, video, and audio.
- All Hints:- This page shows a summary of all relationship facts about ancestry hints such as types of ancestry hints or numbers and also it enables sorting of ancestry hints by names or types.
- Tree settings: In this page you will find options to change hint preferences, tree privacy, tree name, and also you can change home person name. You can also get the options to download, delete or share your tree.
- Sharing: – It consists of steps for inviting people to view the family tree.
- Other trees on account: – You can use other person’s trees from your ancestry account by pressing on a tree name.
- Family group sheet: – From this option you can see a outlines of relationships and facts for people in the tree.
Ancestry Pedigree and Family View
- Family view: – It shows the family tree vertically with the home person at bottom side of tree.
- Pedigree view: – The tree will be displayed horizontally with home person at the left side.
- Home Person: – This will navigate back to home (primary) person in family tree.
- Zoom in /Zoom out: – It will allow you to adjust the tree size.
- Return to (Person):- it centers the family tree to the last people you viewed from tree.
- DNA discoveries: – It will enable you to show Thrulines from the DNA test in the family tree. Even you have setup the tree view to public, but the DNA information is visible only to you and people with whom you have shared your tree.
- Print: – You can click on this option to print any part of your family tree that’s displaying on the screen.
- Share:- you can use this option to share the tree with family or friends.
Search Someone in the Tree In Ancestry
Tap on Tree search from the top-right corner of the family tree to search a person in the tree. From the appeared panel, starts entering the name of a person in your tree then press that people name below. Also, you can tap on Filters to search everyone in the tree that you have tagged in a certain way, Home person key to navigate to home person in family tree, Last viewed option to go through the person whose profile you have visited the last, or a List of all people to display the list of every person in your tree.
- Move the tree down by taping on a child name of the person from the left side of tree.
- Move up the family tree by pressing the arrow to the right most person whom ancestor you want to see.
Move up the family tree by tapping an pointer above the topmost person in the tree and down the tree by dragging the background upward.
View a profile In Ancestry
Press on a person’s name. In the window that shows, either tap on the person’s name or on the profile button.
See a Specific Person’s Tree In Ancestry
To see a person’s family line in your tree, press on the person in the tree, then click on tools menu and choose view his/her family tree.
Please let us know if you have any queries about this article so we can make improvements and serve you more updated information. Also write us if you are looking for any information about ancestry trees that are not available here. We will definitely provide you the information as soon as possible and improve the user experience.