After your DNA sample is analyzed by AncestryDNA, the results are typically ready within 6 to 8 weeks. However, this timeframe can extend if there’s a high demand. Once the analysis is complete, you can access your results online through your AncestryDNA account.
- First of all, you need to “create a free account of the ancestry“. In case if you already have then you can use that one. Otherwise, you have to create your account.
- After that, you have to sign in in the account of the ancestry. By just entering the required information in the filed.
- Now, you activate your DNA test. As it will connect your DNA sample which you send in the account of the ancestry.
- In case, your sample is mailed, but due to some problems, you will not connect to the account of the ancestry. So now we are not responsible and we don’t know where the sample goes. And hence we cannot process your test.
All these below sites saying 6-8 weeks for most tests once check the below site information about ancestry DNA results time.
|FamilyTree DNA||Y-111||2-3 months|
|FamilyTree DNA||Autosomal||3 – 6 weeks|
|FamilyTree DNA||Big-Y||6 weeks to 4 months|
|FamilyTree DNA||Specific SNP markers||3-5 months|
|National Geographic Genographic Project||–||7-10 weeks|
|Ancestry||Autosomal (AncestryDNA)||4-8 weeks|
|FamilyTree DNA||mtDNA Full||3-5 weeks|
|YFull||BigY / Full Genome BAM File Examination||1-4 weeks for initial results|
You can tell us in comment section how long it took to get your DNA results then we will update your information in this website.
How Long Does It Take To Analyze DNA, After Extraction
The duration for DNA analysis post-extraction can range from a few days to several weeks, depending on the specific test and the laboratory conducting it. In the context of AncestryDNA, the analysis process usually takes about 6-8 weeks after DNA extraction. However, this period can extend if there’s high demand. For the most precise information, it’s recommended to reach out to the specific company or laboratory performing the DNA analysis.
What To Do While Waiting For Ancestry DNA Results?
- Start family tree:- Owning a family tree on Ancestry may helps you in easy discovery of your related DNA matches and how you are relate with them. As much people you add to your tree, the better. Once you will receive your DNA results, your family tree help you to get the ThruLines and Common Ancestor Hints.
- Search free databases:- You can make research to find out the free records that helps you to build your family tree.
- Start free trial:- You don’t require any Ancestry membership to view your Ancestry DNA results. But you must need a membership while you try to view most of the records. You can redeem your two weeks free trial that offers you access to DNA records on Ancestry. You can make use of these DNA records to create your family tree beyond what you know already.
- Check for the hints in tree:- Once you successfully add some people in your Ancestry family tree, you’ll shortly see leaves appearing there. Every leaf of tree is a hint. Hint may leads to new discoveries in the DNA records and other people’s trees.
How To Check The Status Of Ancestry DNA Test
It is very simple and easy to check the status of your test. You will get the status on the homepage of the DNA. Once your test activates then you need to click on the tab of the DNA. Then you need to sign up for the text updates just to know the status of your test. And this way you can check the status of your Ancestry DNA test.