Every process has a certain period to complete its process. So similarly Ancestry DNA tets take the six to eight weeks once your sample is received. And after six to eight weeks, you will get the correct result of your test. Even sometimes, time may also vary due to certain situations. But please make sure that before your Ancestry DNA process the sample of the DNA. Then you have to undergo certain steps. Just look at the steps-
- First of all, you need to “create a free account of the ancestry“. In case if you already have then you can use that one. Otherwise, you have to create your account.
- After that, you have to sign in in the account of the ancestry. By just entering the required information in the filed.
- Now, you activate your DNA test. As it will connect your DNA sample which you send in the account of the ancestry.
- In case, your sample is mailed, but due to some problems, you will not connect to the account of the ancestry. So now we are not responsible and we don’t know where the sample goes. And hence we cannot process your test.
All these below sites saying 6-8 weeks for most tests once check the below site information about ancestry DNA results time.
- 23andMe com Autosomal : 2+ months
- FamilyTree DNA Y-111 : 2-3 months
- FamilyTreeDNA Autosomal : 3 – 6 weeks
- FamilyTree DNA Big-Y : 6 weeks to 4 months
- FamilyTree DNA Specific SNP markers : 3-5 months
- National Geographic Genographic Project : 7-10 weeks
- Ancestry Autosomal (AncestryDNA) : 4-8 weeks
- FamilyTree DNA mtDNA Full : 3-5 weeks
- YFull BigY / Full Genome BAM File Examination : 1-4 weeks for initial results
You can tell us in comment section how long it took to get your DNA results then we will update your information in this website.
Now, What to Do When You Are Waiting?
In the whole world, you will get the billions of the records for the ancestry DNA test. You just need your subscription which is current. And now, you need to fill your subscription and even, at the time of the DNA process. You can easily expand your family tree also. In case, you have not the member or don’t have the membership of the ancestry you need to create your family tree.
As the study says that the members of the ancestry make more than the 100 million trees of the family. In that, some are the public and may carry the detail about the ancestors. So you can do this if you are waiting.
How To Check The Status Of Ancestry DNA Test
It is very simple and easy to check the status of your test. You will get the status on the homepage of the DNA. Once your test activates then you need to click on the tab of the DNA. Then you need to sign up for the text updates just to know the status of your test. And this way you can check the status of your Ancestry DNA test.