If you are facing any issues with your family tree, you can review solutions for fixing person relationship’s in tree.
To add a person in your family tree, you have to add them with someone. For instance, if you want to add your father, tap on the node that denotes to yourself in the tree, and then press Add a father. For addition of your paternal uncle to the tree, tap on your father, and then add a parent for them. After that add another child to that parent who is your paternal uncle.
- In a tree, press on a person. Click on “Profile” from the menu that shows.
- From the facts option of your profile page, in “family” column, press “Add”.
- Tap on the type of family member. If you want to add a parent to someone who already has listed two parents there. Here you would not see further option to add another parent. To add any other parent press “Edit”> “Edit relationship”> “Add alternate Mother/Father”.
- Enter the details and information of particular person and then click on “Save”.
Add Siblings In Ancestry Tree
For adding a sibling in ancestry tree, someone at least has one shared parent already exists in the tree. For example if Jenny and Jin are siblings from their father, then jenny must need to add their father in the family tree before adding Jin. If you are not aware of name of your parent’s then you can add a parent as “Unknown.”
Add Step Family In Ancestry Tree
You can add any step family member to your tree through the same way you would add any other member of your family. Then, navigate to profile page of that step person’s ancestry account. Tap on “Edit” > “Edit Relationships” > “Biological” & then switch that option to “step”.
Add Adopted Family In Ancestry Tree
You have to add the adopted family member using the same method you have added the step member of your family in the tree. Go through the profile page of adopted person and press “Edit” > “Edit Relationships” > “Biological” and then change it to “Adopted”.
Add Unmarried parents In Ancestry Tree
Add the unmarried parents in the same way you have added anyone else in your family tree. Press on “Edit” >“Edit Relationships” > “Spouse” (Now change it to single friend, partner, other, or unknown).
Add More than two parents In Ancestry Tree
Through the anyone’s profile page, tap the Edit button> Edit relationships> Add alternative Mother/Father.
You may add this unrelated person as any kind of member from your family to anyone in the tree (you are disconnecting every relationship with them but the only way by which you can add someone is to add as family). For example
- Press on your mother in the tree,
- click on Add relative,
- and add a new person with any kind of relation to your mother.
- Once you’ve successfully added, navigate to the new person’s profile page.
- Now press “Edit” > “Edit relationships” .
- At the relationship on that page, tap on X to disconnect that relationship.
This may leave the unrelated person in family tree, but they would not be connected to anyone else in the tree. To search them in the unrelated person in your tree, you need to fill up their name in the tree search menu.
If you feel good about this article please writes us your suggestions and feedbacks via comment sections so we can provide more accurate information. Our guide will definitely help you a lot to add more people in your family tree with various types of relationship info and facts about the people.