In a family tree, most of the duplicate people created when accepting the ancestry hints, attaching records, or migrating a people from one tree to another tree. Duplicate people create confusion in the family tree about relationships and people. You can avoid creating duplicate people in your tree. Our guide will help you with process of avoiding duplicate people creation in your family tree and how you can merge duplicate peoples in ancestry that you have already in tree.
Adding People From Hints of Family Tree In Ancestry
- From profile page while you gone through hints, press on “Review” alongside a member tree hint.
- Click on the check box alongside the tree for comparing the information of that tree with yours and tap on “Review selected tree hints”.
- Now scroll down the page to review other relatives that will be added to family tree & wait for a message popup stating “New person” near the names. Another method to find out the “New” people is that the information is listed only on left side and not on the right side of page for new persons.
- If a new person already exists in your family tree, press on “Not a new person?“ Enable the person to be added as a new people will create duplicate in your family tree.
- Choose the person from your family tree and press “Select”. Repeat this process for each person on the page that are listed as new person but exists in your tree.
Adding People From Someone Else’s Tree In Ancestry
When you copy a person from any other person’s ancestry tree, type their name in “Person in Tree” field to see them in your tree. If the name exists in the tree, choose the name and press Save instead of adding the people as a new person in family tree and if you entered wrong information in ancestry and want to correct then then go through this post. This will add their details to family tree without adding the person that is already available in your tree.
After pressing on “Save”, scroll down to the page and tap on “Not a New Person” on anyone who is already in the tree. Then press on “Save to your tree”.
Don’t worry if you have duplicate people in your ancestry.com family tree. Our today’s guide will help you to avoid creating duplicates in your tree and identify them. So let us know if you have any queries or suggestions to improve our website and comment if you are looking for any information that are still not available here.