When you get an error in an ancestry record or would like to add searchable information, then you can add alternate details, add alternate name ancestry or report the issues. If you need any help to fix issues with your family tree, skip to the bottom section.
Requirement of adding alternate information:
When you add any details to record index, ancestry will keep your original indexed details as well, In case if you want to find relatives photos on ancestry then you have to visit yearbooks. Generally these are the common reasons why you need to add alternative information.
- Transcription errors
- Name variations
- Name changes like birth or maiden names
- Incorrect original records
How To Correct Wrong Information in Family Tree
- Finding help with detaching a incorrect relationship and adding the correct one, and also with addition of “half” relationships to a tree, review our post of fixing relationships in ancestry trees.
- To help merging duplicate people in your family tree, see merging duplicate persons.
- To get help adding step family, siblings, adopted family, unmarried parents, or more than two parents, or any unrelated person, review adding people to a tree.
How To Report Issues And Add Information in Tree Records
To report a issue from the ancestry record detail page, tap on “Add or update information” or Report a problem and follow the process to submit the correct information.
From a record image if you want to report an error, tap on “tools” icon from the right side of page and choose the option as “Report problems” and then follow the instructions to submit the corrections.
If you want to add alternate information on your ancestry tree or update a wrong information with correct one then you can follow up the above process. It will helps you saving your time and do the task quickly. Still, if you have any confusion or query or looking for any other information about ancestry tree, you can comment us here.