Does the thing make you crazy that how your relative’s looks like when they are in high school? You can explore their childhood memories and lots of images through the Ancestry yearbooks. There are a high number of yearbooks available on ancestry.com online that you can explore to view the photos from college, high-school and thereafter.
How To Search People in Ancestry Yearbooks
- Through any page of your Ancestry account, Press on the Search tab and choose All Collections.
- From the right side of the page in “Special Collection” section, tap on Schools, Directories & Church Histories.
- Navigate to Featured data collection section from right side of the webpage, and press on S., School Yearbooks, and 1900-1999.
- Fill up the details like name, City/State, and date of birth. If you are aware of name of their school then add the school name in the keyword Leave the fields blank for which you don’t have information.
- Go to the list of Ancestry yearbook search results, and then tap on View Record to see a yearbook.
- From the detail record page, click on the View option on the yearbook thumbnail.
- At the bottom of the page expand the index panel. The panel shows off the extracted records from the page. Pressing on a name in the index panel will create green boxes on the page around the individual’s name & sometime images.
- The Ancestry yearbook pages use the arrows to search for the particular person’s name in the index at the bottom of the page and on itself entirely.
- When you discover a page that you would like to save, tap on Save from the top-right corner and then choose Save to person in your tree.
- If there is any field as “Identify person from the image” choose the individual’s name from that menu. Initiate tying their name in person in tree When the name displays there, tap on it and select save. To continue adding a new person in your family tree, press on add a new person instead.
- If you have found a ancestry yearbook’s photo and want to set as that person’s profile photo. Choose the option available as Use photo as profile photo.
- Now tap on Save to your tree.
Ancestry Yearbooks Donations:
All the yearbook submission forms & donations need to mail on this address:
Ancestry Yearbooks Submission
1300 W. Traverse Parkway
Lehi, UT 84043
Donations of yearbooks are acceptable 1999 only. To donate a ancestry yearbook, print and fill up the yearbook submission agreement and involve that agreement in your yearbook package.
Yearbooks & copyright:
Signing the yearbook donation agreements claims that:
- The donations of yearbook are not bound through the copyright restrictions.
- The donor (you), have the copyright or
- The copyright owner grants the permissions to ancestry to show and publish your donations in the electronic format to make it accessible for all of its members.
Yearbooks printed before to 1963 and before to 1978 do not consist of copyright notices and those are not bound by any of the copyright restrictions. Yearbooks those are printed after year 1963 consists a copyright notice and all the ancestry yearbooks printed after 1977 are bound for copyright restrictions, and signing the agreement for donation which states that the donor or copyright holder has given the permissions to ancestry for publishing the particular yearbook online.
- Take a look at the writing in yearbooks, Ensure nothing is available which explicit or embarrass someone. When you have any doubt, don’t make the donation of yearbook.
- Ancestry will not return the yearbook in any case to the sender, because the donated yearbooks will be tearing for scanning, scanned & then discarded.
- Shipping charges for the yearbook donations are covered by the donor not by the ancestry.
- Ancestry doesn’t offer any compensation for donating yearbooks.
- Ancestry doesn’t make any commitments of the timeline for posting donated yearbooks online.