When you see a people in public family tree, you can copy information of that people from one tree to another tree. You can add only one person at a time to your family tree. It is impossible to copy living people from the tree or people from the private trees.
When you copy someone to another tree, media or sources attached to that person are not added, and only facts about that person like gender, birth, and death are copied. If you have any trouble regarding coping people from one tree to another refer our guide.
If you need any help in merging family trees, you can find all solutions here. To copy a complete tree to another account use mobbing trees between accounts.
- Using any page of your Ancestry account, tap on “Search” button and choose “Public member trees”.
- At public member trees page, fill up the information and tap on “Search”.
- From the search results that appear, tap on a name.
- To save a person to the tree, tap on “Tools” at top-right corner and select the option as “Save to Tree”. To see the person’s family tree, tap on “Tools”> “View in Tree”.
- If you are storing them to tree, in the menu that displays, press the tree menu & choose the tree.
- If person already exists in the tree and you just want to add information about them, then type a name from the tree and choose it from the available drop-down menu. If the person is not available in your tree, tap “+ Add new person”.
- Click on “Save”.
- If you want to add a new person to your tree, skip the step. If the person you are adding is already exists in the tree, select the information which you want to add and click “Save to your tree”.
- If that person is already in your tree, then no further process is remaining. Now the information should be added to the tree. If they’re new to your tree, you need to connect them with rest of your tree. From that person’s profile page, press “Edit” at top-right corner and choose “Edit Relationships”.
- From the menu that displays, tap “Add” [relationship type] to connect the person you have copied to someone in your family tree. For instance, to copy the particular person as a son or daughter, press “Add father” or “Add Mother”.
- Type a name in the search field that shows and select the correct one from displayed drop-down menu.
- Now “Save” and all done.
We hope you’ll find our post helpful while copying an individual from one tree to another. Don’t forget to share your feedback with us so that we can provide your more helpful posts periodically. If you would like to copy a person’s information to your tree for future references then you can take help from the above instructions.