At the time only one tree can be linked. But if you want to relate with the matches f the DNA Then you should connect the test of the DNA to the family tree which is public. Even the owners and the managers of the DNA test can easily link the tree. Make sure that, at one time only one tree can be linked for the testing.
If you are on the different or another account and you want to link the DNA test. Then you have to keep one thing in the mind that, you have to invite the owner of the tree that view as the editor. So on the platform, you will get the complete procedure to link the tree and the problem that you may face.
How Do I Link My Ancestry DNA Test To A Tree?
Linking a tree is not a very big task. The process is quite simple and easy so that every member w is having an ancestry account can easily link with the tree without facing any difficulty. So let’s move forward and look at the steps-
- First of all, you have to click on the “DNA” tab which is given on the page of the ancestry. And you need to select “Your DNA result summary”.
- Now you will see the option of the link to the tree which is given on the top of the DNA homepage.
- After that, you have to “Select” the menu and then select the tree. In case you are staring with the new tree. Then in that case you have to add one parent to the tree and click on the “Save” option.
- But if you want to link the tree which is just created then you have started over with step 2.
- Now you will see the two things on the screen once you have selected the tree. The first one of the liking automatically and the other one is the linking with manually.
1). In Linking automatically, you have to find the tree. If you find the tree and it is correct then you have to click on Yes Option. Otherwise, click on the NO option.
2). In Linking manually, if the field says “Please tell us who you are in your family tree,” then you need to write the name in the field and click on the option which appears on the screen.
Once your name is selected then you have to click on the Link DNA Results and in this way you can link a tree.
How To UnLink Ancestry DNA Test To A Tree
You have to undergo certain steps if you want to change the tree to another account. Just follow the below steps carefully-
- In the beginning, you have to open the pages of the ancestry and then click on the “DNA” tab.
- After that, you have to select “Your DNA results summary”. Now click on the “Setting” which is given on the top-right corner of the DNA homepage.
- Now you will see the section of the tree link. Then you have to click on the “Change” option.
- Beside the tree name, click the x button. In case if you don’t want the link with another tree. Then you are complete with the process of changing.
- Just click the on the “Select” menu and then you need to select the “Tree”. If you are staring at the new tree then you have to add one parent and click on the “Save” option.
- Otherwise, if you have to start with the linking a tree section if you have just created the tree.
- After the tree is selected then you will get the two options. The linking with automatically and manually.
- Now you can change the tree which is linked.
Can I Link Ancestry DNA to More Than One Tree
A DNA test on Ancestry can be linked to only one tree at a time. If you want to link your DNA to multiple trees, you’ll need to copy the family tree from one account to another. To link a DNA test to a tree on a different account, share the DNA test with the account containing the desired tree, rather than sharing the tree itself.
If You Want To Link The Tree On another Account
In two steps you can easily link the tree on another account. The very first step is to share the result of the DNA with the owner of the tree and link the tree. Another step is the owner of the tree share their tree with you as the editor. In case. if you are the editor then you can easily link your test.
If You Can’t find the tree
Most of the time you can not find the tree or you don’t have the tree of the family in the account. Then, in that case, you need to transfer that tree to the other account. To transfer the tree, you have to sign out the account that you are on. And the sign in to another account.
Now, at the end of the article, you have all the important information about linking the tree of the Ancestry and I hope, it is easy for the members to follow the steps. And, I am very sure you will find this post useful and helpful for you. But if you have any kind of confusion. Then you can tell your problem in the comment section. You will give you the best solution.