Uploading and downloading the family tree from the ancestry is very simple. For this, you have to use the file of the GEDCOM (Genealogical Data Communications). Because GEDCOM is the best and the universally accepted format to download the file of the tree.
Make sure that the file must be 75 MB or smaller and it mainly contains the text. The pictures, charts, books, and similar items from an original file are not be considered in the GEDCOM. Even to open the File of the GEDCOM, you need the software which mainly reads the file of the GEDCOM.
So, there is no need to take the membership to download and upload the tree. And only the owner of the family can only download and make the tree of the family. So let’s move straight and look at the process to download and upload the tree.
How To Download Your Tree In Ancestry From Gedcom
To get it directly to your system, let’s follow up the ways. I am very sure you will surely find these ways of working and helpful to you. Because they are personally tested by the experts.
- In the beginning, you have to click on the tree tab and need to select the “Tree” from the ancestry page.
- Now in the top-left corner, you have to click on the “Tree Name” which is given in the menu and then select the “Tree Setting”.
- After that on the page of the tree setting which is given on the right side, click on the “Export Tree” option.
- You will see the button of the spinning starts. It basically says to generate the file of the “GEDCOM”. Once the spinning stops then you need to do the right-click.
- The button of the “Download Your GEDCOM File” will appear on the screen.
- By doing the right-click, you will go to the drop-down menu and need to select the “Save as”, “Save target as”, or “Save link as”.
- ON the left side, you need to choose the location from the panel and then click on the Save button.
- In case, you will select the location on the “Desktop” then the file will automatically save on the main screen of the system.
How To Upload The Tree From Ancestry
Uploading is also an easy process. Just you will have to follow the right way to get it done. If you are facing some issues while uploading the tree. Then we are going to share the exact method with working points to upload the tree, explore them below-
- First of all, click on the tab of the Tree and need to select the option of the “Create & Manage the Tree”.
- Now on the next page, you will see the list of the trees and click on the “Upload a GEDCOM file”
- After that, you have to click on the “Choose File” or “Browse” which you will get on the page of the family tree.
- Please select the GEDCOM file that you want to upload and click on the Open button.
- Fill the field of the “Tree Name”, you need to enter the name of your tree and if you want to make you tree private then you have to “Allow Others to See My Tree as A Public Member Tree“.
- You will see the list of all the tress as the public and now you can view all the information about the living people.
- Make sure that if your tree will be public the description will also public.
- After the condition and the teams are accepted then click on the “Upload” button.
- And finally, the Tree will appear in your “Trees Tab”.