Have you returned your DNA sample to Ancestry and still waiting for receiving the DNA results? Below here you can see the updates and timeline you can expect:
- Within 5 weeks:- In this duration after returning the DNA sample you will receive a email from ancestry saying that we have received your DNA sample. At that time, you may start tracking your DNA results status from the DNA homepage.
- Within 8 weeks:- Your DNA result will be prepared. And you’ll get email updated for letting you know.
What To Do While Waiting For Ancestry DNA Results?
- Start family tree:- Owning a family tree on Ancestry may helps you in easy discovery of your related DNA matches and how you are relate with them. As much people you add to your tree, the better. Once you will receive your DNA results, your family tree help you to get the ThruLines and Common Ancestor Hints.
- Search free databases:- You can make research to find out the free records that helps you to build your family tree.
- Start free trial:- You don’t require any Ancestry membership to view your Ancestry DNA results. But you must need a membership while you try to view most of the records. You can redeem your two weeks free trial that offers you access to DNA records on Ancestry. You can make use of these DNA records to create your family tree beyond what you know already.
- Check for the hints in tree:- Once you successfully add some people in your Ancestry family tree, you’ll shortly see leaves appearing there. Every leaf of tree is a hint. Hint may leads to new discoveries in the DNA records and other people’s trees.
You may need to wait for certain time after returning the DNA samples to Ancestry. When your results are ready to view, you will receive email updates from Ancestry.